Air Conditioning Repairs and Common Problems
The task may be intimidating at first, but it will become handy after you have found out what the problem seems to be.
To get you started, here are the common problems that many central air conditioners encounter and techniques about air conditioning repairs.
- The appliance will not turn on. When you encounter this problem, you must first check the thermostat settings. Check to see if it is set in Cool and not turned off or set in Heat position. The setting should also be below the temperature of the room.
If not the thermostat, the problem may also be due to blown fuse or circuit breaker. In this case, you must check the circuit breaker that is handling the condensing unit and compressor of the air conditioner and make sure that this is turned on. If the breaker has popped, you need to reset it. In the case of a blown fuse, you have to replace it. When these simple steps of air conditioning repairs for the problem did not work, it is best that you refer the case to a professional.
- If the cooling vents produce poor air flow, the problem may be due to blocked or disconnected ductwork or air filter that is dirty. The air filter can be replaced or you can also opt to clean this.
If the problem is not with the air filter, then you have to inspect the ductwork. Look for any signs of disconnections and perform the needed air conditioning repairs. The register dampers that are situated on the vents in each room must also be looked into to check if these are in open position.
- If the system does not dehumidify in a sufficient manner, this may be due to the fact that your air conditioner may be oversized for your house. If this is the case, the unit turns on and off many times than usual. This problem can only be fixed by replacing the condensing unit.
If the air conditioning repairs seem to be simple and manageable, then do not be afraid to implement the task on your own. If it appears to be complicated, then you might as well opt for your professional Virginia Beach air conditioning repair contractor to handle the problem than to let it persist until the problem gets more convoluted.
- Regular Virginia Beach HVAC Mechanical Maintenance and Upgrades Save Energy
Regular mechanical maintenance of Virginia Beach HVAC systems is the best way for homeowners to save money on their bills over the long run. While repairs might seem expensive at first, the payoffs later on are numerous. Today's HVAC technicians have received comprehensive vocational training at technical schools or colleges featuring class work specifically geared…Read More
- When Should You Have Your Virginia Beach AC Repaired?
It is a good idea not to wait until your Virginia Beach air conditioner totally breaks down before you have AC repair done. If you wait, you may end up having to replace the whole system, which could be very costly, and not covered by the warranty, because you neglected to take care of your…Read More