Air Conditioning Repairs and Common Problems
The task may be intimidating at first, but it will become handy after you have found out what the problem seems to be.
To get you started, here are the common problems that many central air conditioners encounter and techniques about air conditioning repairs.
- The appliance will not turn on. When you encounter this problem, you must first check the thermostat settings. Check to see if it is set in Cool and not turned off or set in Heat position. The setting should also be below the temperature of the room.
If not the thermostat, the problem may also be due to blown fuse or circuit breaker. In this case, you must check the circuit breaker that is handling the condensing unit and compressor of the air conditioner and make sure that this is turned on. If the breaker has popped, you need to reset it. In the case of a blown fuse, you have to replace it. When these simple steps of air conditioning repairs for the problem did not work, it is best that you refer the case to a professional.
- If the cooling vents produce poor air flow, the problem may be due to blocked or disconnected ductwork or air filter that is dirty. The air filter can be replaced or you can also opt to clean this.
If the problem is not with the air filter, then you have to inspect the ductwork. Look for any signs of disconnections and perform the needed air conditioning repairs. The register dampers that are situated on the vents in each room must also be looked into to check if these are in open position.
- If the system does not dehumidify in a sufficient manner, this may be due to the fact that your air conditioner may be oversized for your house. If this is the case, the unit turns on and off many times than usual. This problem can only be fixed by replacing the condensing unit.
If the air conditioning repairs seem to be simple and manageable, then do not be afraid to implement the task on your own. If it appears to be complicated, then you might as well opt for your professional Virginia Beach air conditioning repair contractor to handle the problem than to let it persist until the problem gets more convoluted.
- How to Make Your Virginia Beach Air Conditioner More Efficient
In times of rising energy costs and rapidly depleting fossil fuels, making your Virginia Beach air conditioner more efficient will reduce your energy usage, make your home more comfortable, save money, and possibly help to save the environment. No matter what kind of air conditioning system you have, there are steps you can take to make…Read More
- Just How Important Is Air Conditioning Maintenance?
A lot of people avoid air conditioning service just because the recurring cost of the service fees just simply don’t make any sense to them. There are actually two ways you can look at it. From the financial view, you can either spend just a little bit on a regular basis for Virginia Beach air conditioner…Read More