Virginia Beach Office Air Conditioning
If you install the right kind of air conditioning in an office, you will discover that under more pleasant working conditions staff productivity goes up. Therefore, contacting your Virginia Beach air conditioning specialist makes good business sense. When you are buying air conditioning for a new office there are certain considerations you must take into account, like the size of the rooms and how many people will be using the rooms during the day. The following is a breakdown of other questions that you should ask your Virginia Beach HVAC contractor to make the best investment for your business.
- What is the unit’s British Thermal Unit (BTU) rating? This rating will tell you how much heat the air conditioning unit can remove from a room. A higher rating corresponds to more heat being taken from a room, so it is best to have room dimensions ready for the air conditioning installer. A large room with a unit that has a low rating would not be effective at all.
- What Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) Number has the air conditioner have? This number will tell you how much energy is needed to power the unit to work effectively. The higher the EER, the less energy is needed to power the air conditioning unit. This is desirable, but keep in mind that higher EER numbers mean a more expensive unit. The good thing about that is the long-term use of a machine with a higher EER will help pay for itself over time, saving you money.
- How is the temperature controlled? Most units today have a heat sensor that automatically adjusts the temperature of the air as it enters the unit using a manual or programmable control. If you get a unit with a variable speed fan, it can help make your unit more efficient. You can also find units with remote controls, timers and digital readouts.
- Is it easy to maintain? Obviously, you want a unit that is easy to maintain, meaning filters that are easily removed for cleaning and replacement. By doing so, you can ensure that your unit works efficiently and save your Virginia Beach business money over the years.
Write these questions down to ask your Virginia Beach air conditioning specialist to select the best unit for the best price for your new office.
- Improving your Home through Saving Energy
Home energy audits are a surefire way to improve your home’s energy efficiency. An assessment will show you how much energy your house consumes and would also evaluate the measures you can take to improve the energy efficiency of your home. It will also show you the problems you may encounter and what actions you…Read More
- Top 3 Summer Air Conditioning Fails
Hawkins Heating and Air start to expect a lot of no-cool calls from our customers. But what are the problems that generate most of these calls? We have identified the top three most frequent failure calls HVAC companies receive in these hotter mid-summer months. 1. Dirty Air Filters can wreak havoc on your air conditioner’s performance…Read More