Furnace Rebates: How & Why
Furnace rebates can be claimed by anyone who upgrades their equipment to meet the standards which are set by the internationally accredited Energy Star system, and who does so in the right way. The need to save energy, and the significant developments in technology have meant that there is a need to offer incentives to people who are considering an equipment upgrade, but who are not quite sure how they will be affected financially. The rebates can tip the balance in favor of making the change, and this will reduce the amount of energy which is consumed.
At first sight, it may seem odd that any commercial organization would offer incentives to consumers who will be buying less of their product, so it is necessary to understand the background to the situation. Although energy companies make their money by selling electricity and are happy to do so, they do not have an infinite supply which they can sell. To sell more, the infrastructure needs to be developed to cope with the increasing load. This takes money, and in any case energy suppliers are always under constant pressure from environmentalists to do something about the consequences of energy consumption upon the environment.
Furnaces used in Virginia Beach domestic properties can use a lot of power, depending on how often they are used and for how long. If you use your furnace a lot, there will be more of a case for upgrading it immediately to one which will use less power. There is inevitably a considerable cash outlay in replacing any major piece of equipment, and this is always the major deterrent to buying anything new. Even if the existing equipment is malfunctioning and definitely needs replacing, the temptation is to buy used equipment to save capital outlay. This is no use to the fuel supplier or the government, as the used equipment is likely to use the same amount of power as the equipment which was replaced.
Virginia Beach commercial premises that make use of furnaces can obviously save even more money as they will have far greater use. Whereas a typical residential Virginia Beach furnace may be switched on when the family needs it, a commercial furnace will usually be constantly in use during the hours of operation. The energy used per day will therefore be far greater, and there will be more obvious immediate incentive to change to an energy efficient model. Commercial furnaces can be bought with loans which can be paid back with the money saved, and the rebate will lessen the initial capital outlay.
The furnace rebates are typically applied once the new product has been bought and installed, so that the supplier can verify that the appliance meets the Energy Star standards. This means that you will need to have the full retail price of the product before you can buy it and claim the rebate. It is always better to save for this rather than borrow money, as the interest on borrowings is severe. Although you will need to use energy at the old rate until you can buy the new furnace, it will still be the cheaper option. You will then be debt free when you claim your furnace rebates.
Furnace rebates are very easy to find if you know where to look. Furnace rebates are excellent to have as companies provide customers with money back for purchasing their product. State governments may also provide furnace rebates for individuals who purchase high efficiency furnaces. So keep reading on how to find your furnace rebates.
- Check with the company or manufacturer to see if they provide furnace rebates to customers. This is the most basic step because many large companies such as the Home Depot and Lowe’s will include information on the furnace as to whether or not a furnace rebate is included. Your Virginia Beach HVAC specialist will also be able to inform you of any available rebates.
- Do a general search online if you have already purchased a furnace and are still wondering whether or not you can get a furnace rebate. You can do this by looking on the manufacturer or the company’s website where you bought the furnace.
- Search individual websites, or blogs to find out whether or not you qualify for furnace rebates. If you are looking for government funded energy rebates on high efficiency furnaces, check with your state or local Virginia Beach government website. Be sure to have your furnace rebates signed and mailed in before their expiration period, otherwise you will not be eligible.
Article Source: http://www.mailinrebates.org/furnace-rebates
- Winter Special ~ Gas Furnace Safety Inspection $79.00
Hawkins Heating & Air Conditioning understands the importance of keeping you and your family safe this winter, and we are pleased to offer our Gas Furnace Safety Inspection for only $79.00. An annual safety inspection allows for early detection and can prevent small issues from becoming safety emergencies. At Hawkins Heating & Air Conditioning, our…Read More
- Furnace Rebates: How & Why
Furnace rebates can be claimed by anyone who upgrades their equipment to meet the standards which are set by the internationally accredited Energy Star system, and who does so in the right way. The need to save energy, and the significant developments in technology have meant that there is a need to offer incentives to…Read More