Winter Special ~ Gas Furnace Safety Inspection $79.00
Hawkins Heating & Air Conditioning understands the importance of keeping you and your family safe this winter, and we are pleased to offer our Gas Furnace Safety Inspection for only $79.00.
An annual safety inspection allows for early detection and can prevent small issues from becoming safety emergencies. At Hawkins Heating & Air Conditioning, our Gas Furnace Safety Inspection is a thorough sequence of operation inspection that includes the following:
- Heat Exchanger: This is the heart of your furnace and where hazardous cracks can develop. If your furnace cracks, carbon monoxide can escape into your home. Cracks occur from lack of cleaning and maintenance, debris build-up, and manufacture defects. At Hawkins Heating & Air Conditioning, we do not charge an extra fee for inspecting your heat exchanger, and we use a video camera to show you our findings.
- Flue Pipes: This is another area where issues with carbon monoxide can occur. Your flue pipes are responsible for removing the carbon monoxide out of your home, and it’s important that your flue pipes have a proper connection at the lengths and joints so the carbon monoxide can flow out of the unit and out of your home.
- Gas Valve: This major component of your furnace has an internal safety control that we monitor to ensure the gas pressure level is appropriate as it going into the vents.
- Electrical: If your electrical signal is low, it could mean you have a misalignment or corrosion, which could eventually shut your system down. We check for a good signal and make sure there is no arcing.
- Burner: This is the part of your system where the flames burn and the oxygen and gas meet. In our safety inspection, we make sure the burner is free from spider webs, rust, and other debris that can stop the flow of gas and cause a misfire.
- Switches:The switches monitor the air temperature around the furnace so if the flames roll-out of the burner, the switches will automatically shut the system down for safety. We confirm the switches are operable and will sense any outflow.
- Flame Sensor: Similar to switches, the flame sensor is responsible for allowing the system to operate and will shut-down the system if it senses something wrong. We monitor the signal and make sure it’s sending the right message.
- Thermostat: We check for accurate temperature reading and location. If your thermostat is located near doors that are frequently used, the constant flow of external air can affect how the system responds to temperature changes.
- Furnaces 101: Pilot Lights
Furnaces 101: Pilot Lights You’ll want to have these tools on hand to check the pilot light: Matches Fine wire The pilot light on a gas furnace can go out because of drafts. To relight the pilot, follow the manufacturer’s instructions exactly; they are usually fastened to the furnace. If instructions for relighting the pilot…Read More
- Is Your Home Protected Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
At Hawkins Heating & Air Conditioning, our $79.00 Gas Furnace Safety Inspection includes a full inspection of your furnace, including the Heat Exchanger. We never charge extra to ensure this important component is working properly and keeping you and your family safe. Our trained technicians examine the heat exchanger and video their recordings, so you…Read More